Are you a traveller looking to travel from Kedarnath to Badrinath? We have got you covered!
Badrinath has religious significance in the Hindu religion and is a part of the Char Dham Pilgrimage along with Kedarnath. Badrinath Temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The total distance between Kedarnath to Badrinath is 211 km. Tourists can travel to Badrinath from Kedarnath by road or by air. To travel by road, travellers can use buses, personal vehicles, or taxis. Similarly, travellers can use helicopters to reach Badrinath from Kedarnath.
This article will give you all the details regarding the best time to visit Badrinath and the routes to reach Badrinath from Kedarnath. Further, this article will also discuss how to reach Kedarnath from Badrinath by taxi, bus, and helicopter services.
Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter
Chardham Yatra by Road
Best Time to visit Badrinath Via Chardham Yatra
The best time to visit Badrinath is between May and June. However, travellers may choose to travel in October to avoid crowded temples. Tourists should also avoid travelling during the monsoon season.
How to Reach Badrinath from Kedarnath
Travelers can reach Badrinath by road or air route.
Kedarnath to Badrinath by Road
Route 1: Reaching Badrinath via Mandal
1) Sonprayag – Ukhimath (45 Km): Places between Sonprayag and Ukhimath include Sirsi, Phata, Narayankoti and Guptkashi.
2) Mastura – Chopta(30 km): Places between Mastura and Chopta include Makku Bens, Duggalbitta and Baniyakund
3) Chopta – Mandal(25 km)
4) Mandal – Gopeshwar(16 km)
5) Gopeshwar – Chamoli(11 km)
6) Chamoli – Joshimath(52 km): Places between Chamoli and Joshimath include Birahi, Pipalkoti, Dwing, Hailang and Nagrasu.
7) Joshimath – Badrinath (46 km): Places between Joshimath and Badrinath include Vishnuprayag, Govind Ghat, Pandukeshwar, Lambagad, and Hanuman Chatti.
- You will travel around 211 km on this route.
- Travelling by bus or taxi will take around 8-9 hours to cover this route.
- It is shorter than Route 2 but consumes more time due to bad road conditions.
The road distance from Kedarnath to Badrinath in Uttarakhand, India, is approximately 217 kilometers (135 miles). Please note that road conditions and travel times may vary depending on the specific route taken and current conditions.
Route 2: Reaching Badrinath via Rudraprayag
Sonprayag to Kund (37 Km): Places between Sonprayag and Kund include Sirsi, Phata, Narayankoti, and Guptkashi.
Kund to Rudraprayag (36 km): Places between Kund and Rudraprayag include Kakda, Bhiri, Chandrapuri, Agastmuni, and Tilwara.
Rudraparayag to Karnaprayag (33 km): Places between Rudraprayag and Karnaprayag include Ratura, Gholtir, and Gauchar.
Karnaprayag to Chamoli (12km): Places between Karnaprayag and Chamoli include Langasu, Nandaprayag, and Maithana.
Chamoli to Joshimath(52 km): Places between Chamoli and Joshimath include Birahi, Pipalkoti, Dwing, Hailang, and Nagrasu.
Joshimath to Badrinath(46 km): Places between Joshimath and Badrinath include Vishnuprayag, Govind Ghat, Pandukeshwar, Lambagad, and Hanuman Chatti.
- You have to travel around 230 km on this route.
- Time to cover the distance- 9 to 10 hours by bus, taxi, or private vehicle.
Kedarnath to Badrinath by Helicopter
You can use LIH travel services to reach Badrinath by helicopter. Kedarnath to Badrinath helicopter price varies, with starting prices typically ranging from INR 7,000 to INR 10,000 per person.
Features of Helicopter service
- VIP darshans
- Mouth-watering meals
- Special pujas
- Specialised guides
Details on Helicopter Services
- Passenger weight-450 kg
- Capacity-2 crew and six passengers
- Year of manufacture-2015
- Helicopter type- T2/As B350 B3 (single engine)
Important considerations to travel by road
- Solo travellers who do not have private vehicles should choose the Rudraprayag route, as buses are readily available from Sonprayag to Rudraprayag.
- You can only travel to Rudraprayag by taxi, then you can travel to Badrinath by bus.
Best Tourist Places on Badrinath Dham
- Vasudhara Falls
- Shrine of Badrinath
- Tapt Kund
- Narand Kund
- Ganesh Cave
Guidelines to Travel from Kedarnath to Badrinath
- Avoid travelling in monsoon season as landslides and floods are common during monsoon.
- Booking a helicopter ride through services like LiH travel agency will make your trip comfortable.
- Travelers should contact travel agencies to plan for their trip. Travel agencies like LiH travel agency provide perfect guidance to travellers.
- Please remember to carry enough cash. Otherwise, you may get stuck in a situation where you will not be able to pay for your accommodations.
How Can I Register for the Kedarnath to Badrinath trip?
Follow these steps to register for the Kedarnath to Badrinath trip:
- First of all, you need to visit this website –registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in
- Now, you will be able to download the Char Dham Registration form.
- Fill in the required details.
- After completing the details and submitting the form, you will get an OTP on your mobile number. Provide this OTP for verification.
- Now, log into your account with your mobile number and password.
- After logging in, click on ‘Manage Pilgrim’ on the dashboard. You can now select the tour’s name, type, and date.
- Now, you will be able to save your form.
- To add more details, select the ‘Add Pilgrims’ button.
- After this process, you will get your registration number through SMS.
Q: Why should I visit Badrinath?
You should visit Badrinath because visiting Badrinath temples helps in attaining moksha as per Hindu mythology.
Q: What should I wear in Badrinath temple?
Travelers should prefer clothes that cover their whole body in the temple.
Q: Should I visit Badrinath if I am a heart patient?
No, you should not visit Badrinath if you are a heart patient. Due to its location, Badrinath has low oxygen levels. Take advice from your doctor if you want to visit Badrinath.
Q: Is it safe to travel to Badrinath?
Yes, it is safe to travel to Badrinath. However, you should avoid visiting Badrinath in the rainy season as landslides are common in this season.
Q: What is the altitude of Badrinath?
Badrinath is situated at an altitude of 3500 meters (approximately) from sea level.
Q: Where can I stay on my journey to Badrinath from Kedarnath?
You can stay in GMVN and Govt. Guest houses on your journey to Badrinath from Kedarnath.
Q: Is trekking to Badrinath easier as compared to Kedarnath?
Yes, trekking to Badrinath is easier as compared to Kedarnath.
Q: Does Badrinath temple have low oxygen levels?
Yes, Badrinath has low oxygen levels as it is situated at a high altitude.