Kedarnath, where God lives!!!
Kedarnath Dham, The house of lord shiva or Adiyogi. It is mentioned in Skanda Purana that Lord Shiva had confessed to maa Parvati, that the Kedarnath region is always going to be close to his heart.
According to Shiv Puran Nara and Narayana–two incarnations of Lord Vishnu performed severe penance here, in front of a Shivling. Pleased with their offerings, Lord Shiva appeared in front of them and granted a boon. To this Nära and Narayan requested Shiva to stay here forever and help mankind to free from their worries and miseries.
Kedarnath is located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, India. Gangotri. Yamunotri, Badrinath, and Kedarnath dham are famous Char Dhams of northern India. There are 12 jyotirlingas situated across India and Kedarnath is one such auspicious space to have one. Jyotirlingas are considered to be part of Lord Shiva on earth.
The Adiyogi is believed to be residing here with his followers since he incarnated as Brahma, the creator of Cosmos.
If life begins from this region then death occurring in this region will complete the full circle and will ultimately lead to moksha. This belief of Hinduism that life moves in the circle of life and death, attracts a lot of devotees to find salvation.
Here’s the complete Kedarnath Yatra Guide 2020, know the Importance, History, Registration, and Routes. Take a splendid trip to Kedarnath dham with your family and get pious in the auspicious temple ancient temple of Lord Shiva.
Kedarnath Dham is situated at the elevation of 11700 feet, in the Rudraprayag district of Garhwal Mandal in Uttarakhand state.
Doiwala, Ranipokhari, Rishikesh (Ram Jhula) Shivpuri, Devprayag, Kirtinagar, Rudraprayag, Agastya Muni Guptakashi, Sonprayag, Gaurikund are some places to visit.
Visiting Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand, India is the moment of great joy for pilgrims.
Every year, after the opening of the temple’s gate. Many devotees visit here to see ‘Kedar’ form of Lord Shiva.
If you want to start a journey from Haldwani in Uttarakhand to Gaurikund, the distance is 317 km
You can reach Kedarnath through Road, Rail or by Air. Avail Helicopter services from Guptkashi and Phata. For Kedarnath Temple, there is an 18 kilometers track from Gaurikund. Gaurikund is 250 kilometers from Dehradun by road. The nearest railway station is Rishikesh located at a distance of about 209 Kms. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant. If you come here from the Kumaon region in Uttarakhand, then Haldwani will be the tour spot 317 km away from Gaurikund. The nearest railway station is Kathgodam, 312 km from Gaurikund.
The nearest airport is Pantnagar. You can book Helicopter’s seats online.
Kedarnath Yatra Popular Route
|Kedarnath Yatra Route||Distance||Mode of travel|
|Delhi → Haridwar||206 km||By Train|
|Haridwar → Rishikesh||20 km||By Bus/Taxi|
|Rishikesh → Guptkashi||183 km||By Bus/Taxi|
|Guptkashi → SonPrayag||30 km||By Jeep/Bus|
|SonPrayag → Gaurikund||5 km||By Jeep/Bus|
|Gaurikund → Kedarnath||16 km||Trekking (hire a pony or a palanquin)|
Getting on the trekking route;
From Gaurikund, an 18 km trek usually takes 6-8 hours while walking. Only a few vehicles can be parked in Gaurikund. So it is best practice to park the vehicles 5 kilometer before Sonprayag.
- Sonprayag resides on the bank of River Mandakini.
- There are a few hotels, restaurants and shops in Sonprayag.
- In Sonprayag, there are biometric registration counters for the passengers trekking to Kedarnath.
- Check-out for more details of Kedarnath Yatra Registration
|Ways of Biometric Registration||Cost of Registration||Where to Register||Importance of Registration|
|Online||Rs 50/-||Click here||It’s a Yatra Pass/Permit.|
|Offline||Rs 50/-||Registration Centers at Sonprayag, Uttarkashi, Haridwar||It helps the Govt. to trace the traffic flow of tourists through GPS-based monitoring system.|
- Mandakini river joins Alaknanda river at Rudraprayag
- There is a bridge a few meters away from Sonprayag market from where travelers can get shuttle service to Gaurikund.
- Start your trekking to Kedarnath yatra from Gaurikund.
- A few shops, restaurants, hotels, on the pathway from Gaurikund, many travelers arrive at Gaurikund on the first day and start their journey early in the morning to Kedarnath and reach the Gauri Kund back in the evening.
- Apart from the Haili service, pilgrims can complete the journey of Kedarnath Ji on foot. Or mule, dolly By Palki or Kandi.
- To reach Kedarnath from Gaurikund, passengers can also use horse /mule, Kandi, Doli, Palki, etc.
- After Gaurikund there is a helipad in Chaibasa
Kedarnath Yatra Trek Route Map from Gaurikund
- Gaurikund → Rambara Bridge: 6 km
- Rambara Bridge → Jungle Chatti: 4 km
- Jungle Chatti → Bheembali: 3 km
- Bheembali → Linchauli: 4 km
- Linchauli → Kedarnath Base Camp: 4 km
- Kedarnath Base Camp → Kedarnath Temple: 1 km
Wear the color of spirituality in the month of May, June, September, and October.
Kedarnath is one among the four beautiful adobe of Chardham Yatra where summers stay cool with a pleasant climate and it’s the right time to spend relaxing moments in tranquility. Weather conditions of this auspicious place change frequently through-out the year and almost time it is covered with a white blanket of Snow.
Kedarnath Yatra best time to visit is during the months: May, June, September, and October. Avoid Rainy Season due to landslides or avalanches in the area.
Take a short flight in a helicopter to Kedarnath and drape yourself with the Enlightening Aura of the place.
LIH.travel provides you the best Helicopter Services for Kedarnath Yatra. Make your movement easy without fearing the rough terrain, fly high and reach the spot without going on a long trekking. With such good news, get your Kedarnath Yatra Helicopter Bookings done for the daily services in advance. You can also avail Chardham Yatra by helicopter services at the best prices.
Get the vigilance on during your Kedarnath Yatra, put-on the body warmer, tighten your belts, pull on your boots, and you are ready to go.
Follow the necessary Kedarnath Yatra Tips
- Before a month visiting Kedarnath, start preparatory exercises or a walk of about 4-5 km daily. Try-out some Pranayamas or breaking exercises. As it will help you to combat the lack of sufficient oxygen.
- Always carry your Registration Pass to stay in touch with government
- A safer bet to grudge on boiled, fried or cooked, rather than having anything raw or cold.
- Carry an emergency medical kit, in case any injury,
- Avoid drinking open water, better to buy packed or bottled water.
- Keep an insect/mosquito repellent to avoid itchy discomfort
- Women are supposed to avoid sarees or can simply opt for trousers or salwar kameez
- Walk steadily and slowly on the arduous terrain of Kedarnath
- Avoid relaxing at the places where warning signs are installed
- Do carry warm winter clothes, boots, Raincoats, Blankets, water-resistant shoes, torch, walking sticks, etc.
Everyone desires to visit Kedarnath once in their lifetime. It’s one of the awe-inspiring Dham of Chardham Yatra and with a Hindu belief that to attain salvation or Moksha, a pious journey to Chardham is a must. The place was once being described by Mahatma Gandhi as ‘Switzerland of India’ and truly the view of the place seems like the snow is hugging the landscape. Plan out your next holidays with your family to the most enchanting holy excursion of the four sacred shrines in the state of Uttarakhand. Book your Chardham Yatra by Helicopter Package with LIH.travel.