Chardham yatra is one of the most spiritual journeys in the Uttarakhand state of India. The Word Char Dham denotes the four temples, i.e. Badrinath, Kedarnath, Yamunotri, and Gangotri, which is one of the most religious and adventurous places in India. Chardham Yatra is also known as the Chota Char Dham Yatra of India. Before planning your Char Dham Yatra with our affordable packages, it’s essential to know that Chardham Yatra registration is mandatory for all pilgrims. The government has made it compulsory since 2014, and after completing the registration, devotees receive biometric cards, providing access to special facilities.
India is the only nation where spirituality resides deeply in everyone through the way of religion, meditation, or short spiritual visits. According to Hindu mythology, Moksha is the ultimate destination of life, and it is believed that Chardham Yatra is the key to finding Moksha or the ultimate surrender to the cycle of incarnation. The first destinations of Char Dham are Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and then finally Reach Badrinath.
The Journey of Chardham yatra is completed in almost 9 – 10 Days, which is an extended period. But if you are short of time and want to save your energy, then book the Chardham yatra by Helicopter from Dehradun with LIH, the best Chardham travel agent in India that will give you a comfortable and safe journey. Book Chardham Yatra for VIP Travellers for all the luxurious facilities and comfortable stay with VIP Darshan. You can also book the Chardham Yatra Package from Mumbai and take a direct flight from Mumbai to Dehradun. After leaving Dehradun, you can complete your yatra by helicopter or bus and taxi services.
Further, the same-day Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter service is ideal for people who desire to visit the two sacred Hindu shrines of Kedarnath and Badrinath in a single day.
After the tragedy of Chardham in 2013, the Uttarakhand Government started the compulsory Biometric Registration of Chardham yatra for the safety of the pilgrims. The Chardham Yatra registration can be easily done either offline or online.
Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
(Inclusive of All Taxes)
Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter
(Inclusive of All Taxes)
Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter
(Inclusive of All Taxes)
Chardham Yatra by Road
5% GST Per Person
Chardham Yatra Registration
Chardham Yatra registration is mandatory for all tourists who are willing to go on a journey of the Chardham Yatra route. After successfully registering yourself, you will get a biometric registration card, also known as Yatra Pass and Yatra Permits. The biometric registration card will track you through a GPS-based monitoring system that will help the government to know the flow of tourists on a particular Dham. You can do Chardham Yatra registration online or offline. But, before registering, you should check some basic information regarding Chardham Yatras, like the best time to visit Chardham Yatra, opening and closing time, Chardham Yatra places to visit, and other things.
If you want to make an inquiry regarding Registration for Chardham Yatra, then you can call this toll-free number: 18001804145.
Advantages of Uttarakhand Chardham Yatra Registration
After Char Dham yatra biometric registration, you will get many benefits like:-
- Through a Biometric registration card, you can avail of exclusive facilities like room and food.
- After Registration, the state government will easily track you through the GPS-based monitoring system that will help the tourist in their safety by monitoring the regular updates about their location ( on which Chardham yatra places they are).
Documents required during Registration for Chardham Yatra
You have to use certain documents during online/offline Chardham Yatra registration. Here is the document you need:-
- Mobile Number.
- One ID Proof can be a voter ID card, Aadhar card, PAN number, Driving license, or passport.
Offline Registration for Chardham Yatra
If you want to register yourself offline for Chardham Yatra, then you have to visit the 14 registration centres, which have 50 counters to assist pilgrims. You will get your biometric registration card at these 14 registration centres. Make sure you have all the documents mentioned above during your Registration. Below is the list of Registration centres and Counters:-
|Registration Counters Location
|Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay parking
|Roadways bus stand
Online Registration for Chardham Yatra
If you want to save time and don’t want to stand in a long line, then online Chardham Yatra registration is the best way to register yourself for this religious journey. Certain things are required during the Registration, like – mobile number, email & one ID proof such as PAN number, Aadhar Number, Passport, Driving License or Voter ID number. The nominal value of INR 50/- will be charged per person.
You Can do Chardham yatra registration by visiting http://onlinechardhamyatra.in this site.
Steps to do online Chardham Yatra registration here:-
- Firstly, you have to click the CHARDHAM YATRA REGISTRATION FORM HERE. Then a page will appear; you have to click on Registration, and then a new page will appear like this. After filling in the details, you have to click the “REGISTER“.
- A Successful registration link will be sent to your email with the login certificate. You have to click that link and re-log in to your ID by mentioning your username or email ID and password. After mentioning the login details, you have to click the “login” button.
- After logging in, a new page will appear named “IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS“. After reading this instruction, you have to click the “BOOK DARSHANS“.
- A new window will open up in which you have mentioned the details of No. Of pilgrims you are travelling with, Checkbox the destination you are going to visit and mention the dates of the particular Dham you are going to visit. Click “PROCEED“.
- A confirmation window will appear; you have to check the information mentioned and click on the “CONFIRM” button.
- Enter the details of the person you are going with (if any) and click the “PROCEED” button.
- Now, a new window will open in which payment details will be mentioned. Just select the preferred mode of payment and make the payment of INR 50/- per person. Click the button of “MAKE PAYMENT“. Now, your Registration is complete.
After registering yourself successfully, the user will receive an online registration slip. By showing the registration slip, you can obtain the biometric registration card from any of the Chota Char Dham yatra registration centres.
Hopefully, this information will be useful for you regarding Chardham Yatra registration. If you have a further query regarding the Chardham Yatra, you can drop a message in the comment section below.
Also, the Chardham Yatra journey takes approximately 9 – 10 days, which is a lengthy duration, but by road, you utilize your time by visiting all the holy destinations during the Chardahm Yatra. Check out our best Chardham Yatra package from Haridwar from LIH.travel.
Wishing you a happy and Peaceful Journey !!
FAQs of Chardham Yatra Registration
Q1) Is registration required for Char Dham Yatra?
Yes, Biometric registration is compulsory while visiting Chardham. So, if you are planning to visit Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, or Yamunotri, make sure you bring the necessary documents for registration. Or You can do your registration yourself.
Q2) How much does a Char Dham Yatra cost via Helicopter?
If you are planning to travel to Chardham yatra via Helicopter, it will cost you around ₹1,95,000 per person, including your total expenses for Hotel, Food, Guide & Transportation costs.
Q3) Is online registration mandatory for Kedarnath?
Yes, a Biometric Registration is necessary for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri & Gangotri yatra. Make sure you can do your registration yourself, or otherwise, various 14 registrations & 50 counters are available in offline mode to assist pilgrims. You will get a biometric registration card at these 14 registration centres & counters.
Q4) Can I visit Kedarnath without an E pass?
No, a Biometric registration is mandatory for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri & Gangotri.
Q5) Is Char Dham Yatra open?
Char Dham Yatra opens in Late April or Early May and Closes in Late October or Early November.
Q6) Is Kedarnath open now?
Kedarnath Yatra opens in Late April or Early May and closes in Late October or Early November.
Q.7) What is the best time to visit Kedarnath?
The best time to visit Kedarnath is in the months of May & June and September & October.
Q.8) What is the best time to visit Badrinath?
The best time to visit Badrinath is in the months of May & June and September & October.