Chardham yatra is one of the most spiritual journeys in the Uttarakhand state of India. The Word Char Dham denotes the four temples,i.e. Badrinath, Kedarnath, Yamunotri, and Gangotri, which is one of the most religious and adventurous places in India. Chardham Yatra is also known as Chota Char Dham yatra of India.
The Journey of Chardham yatra is completed in almost 9 – 10 Days which is an extended period. But if you are short of time and want to save your energy then book Chardham yatra by Helicopter package from LIH, the best Chardham travel agent in India that will give you a comfortable and safe journey with all the luxurious facilities.
After the tragedy of Chardham in 2013, Uttarakhand Government started the compulsory Biometric Registration of Chardham yatra for the safety of the pilgrims. The Chardham yatra registration can be easily done either offline or online.
Chardham Yatra Registration:-
Chardham yatra registration is mandatory for all tourists who are willing to go on a journey of Chardham Yatra route. After successfully registering yourself you will get a biometric registration card, also known as Yatra Pass and Yatra Permits. The biometric registration card will track you through a GPS-based monitoring system that will help the government to know the flow of tourists on the particular Dham. You can do Chardham yatra registration online or offline. But, before doing the registration you should check some basic information regarding Chardham yatras like the best time to visit during Chardham yatra, opening and closing time, Chardham yatra places to visit, and other things.
If you want to make an inquiry regarding Registration for Chardham Yatra, then you can call on this toll-free number:- 18001804145.
Advantages of Uttarakhand Chardham Yatra Registration:-
After Char Dham yatra biometric registration you will get many benefits like:-
- Through a Biometric registration card, you can avail of exclusive facilities like room and food.
- After Registration, the state government will easily track you through the GPS based monitoring system that will help the tourist in their safety by monitoring the regular updates about their location ( on which Chardham yatra places they are).
Documents required during Registration for Chardham yatra:-
You have to use certain documents during online/offline Chardham yatra registration. Here is the document you need:-
- Mobile Number.
- One ID Proof, it can be Voter a id card, Aadhar card, PAN number, Driving license or passport.
Offline Registration for Chardham Yatra:-
If you want to register yourself offline for Chardham yatra, then you have to visit the 14 registration centres which have 50 counters to assist pilgrims. You will get your biometric registration card at these 14 registration centres. Make sure you have all the documents mentioned above during your Registration. Below are the list of Registration centres and Counters:-
|Registration Centres||Registration counters location|
|Haridwar||Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay parking|
|Rishikesh||Roadways bus stand|
Online Registration for Chardham Yatra:-
If you want to save your time and don’t want to stand in a long line, then online Chardham Yatra registration is the best way to register yourself for this religious journey. Certain things are required during the Registration like – mobile number, email & one of Id Proof such as PAN number, Aadhar Number, Passport, Driving License or Voter ID number. The nominal value of INR 50/- will be charged per person.
You Can do Chardham yatra registration by visitinghttp://onlinechardhamyatra.in this site.
Steps to do online Chardham Yatra registration here:-
- Firstly you have to click theCHARDHAM YATRA REGISTRATION FORM HERE. Then a page will appear, you have to click on the Registration then a new page will appear like this. After filling in the details, you have to click the “REGISTER“.
- A Successful registration link will be sent on your email with the login certificate. You have to click that link and re-login your id by mentioning your username or email id and Password. After mentioning the login details, you have to click the “login” button.
- After logging in, a new page will appear named “IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS“. After reading this instruction, you have to click the “BOOK DARSHANS“.
- A new window will open up in which you have mentioned the details of No. of pilgrims you are travelling with, Checkbox the destination you are going to visit and mention the dates of particular Dham you are going to visit. Click “PROCEED“.
- A confirmation window will appear, you have to check the information mentioned and click on the “CONFIRM” button.
- Enter the details of the person you are going with (if any) and click the “PROCEED” button.
- Now, a new window will open in which payment details will be mentioned. Just select the preferred mode of payment and make the payment of INR 50/- per person. Click the button of “MAKE PAYMENT“. Now, your Registration is complete.
After registering yourself successfully, the user will to receive an online registration slip. By showing the registration slip you can obtain the biometric registration card from any of the Chota Char Dham yatra registration centres.
Hopefully, this information will be useful for you regarding Chardham Yatra registration. If you have a further query regarding the Chardham yatra, you can drop a message in the comment section below.
Wishing you a happy and Peaceful Journey !!
Q1) Is registration required for Char Dham Yatra?
Yes, Biometric registration is compulsory while visiting Chardham. So, If you are planning to visit Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, or Yamunotri, make sure you bring your necessary documents for registration. Or You can do your registration yourself.
Q2) How much does a Char Dham Yatra cost via Helicopter?
If you are planning to travel to Chardham yatra via Helicopter, it will cost you around ₹1,95,000 per person, including your total expenses for Hotel, Food, Guide & Transportation costs.
Q3) Is online registration mandatory for Kedarnath?
Yes, a Biometric Registration is necessary for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri & Gangotri. Make sure you can do your registration yourself, or otherwise, various 14 registration & 50 counters are available in offline mode to assist pilgrims. You will get a biometric registration card at these 14 registration centres & counters.
Q4) Can I visit Kedarnath without an E pass?
No, a Biometric registration is mandatory for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri & Gangotri.
Q5) Is Char Dham Yatra open?
Char Dham yatra opens in Late April or Early May and Closes in Late October or Early November.
Q6) Is Kedarnath open now?
Kedarnath yatra opens in Late April or Early May and closes in Late October or Early November.