What can be a better place to find the solace other than Jaipur, the soulful city which offers you both old-world charm and a new world sparkle. No matter how many times you have been there, the pink city always attracts you back with its beauty. The land promises to restore your interest throughout the trip in the sightseeing, shopping, night safari, nightlife, kite festival, world-famous events, and many other things to do in Jaipur.
Jaipur is one of the most popular holiday destinations which attracts tourists from all over the world as it extends its hospitality not only to travellers but also to adventure seekers, night party person, the literature mugger, aesthete in a most profound manner. Jaipur is also part of the most popular Golden triangle (along with Agra and Delhi ).
The distinct choices can be experienced according to the interest, making the trip to Jaipur as the most memorable one. So here I am mentioning you a list of the best things to do in Jaipur which makes your trip full of memory:-
Best Things To Do in Jaipur for sightseeing
1. Explore the beauty of Amer fort:-
Experience the glorious history of Amer or Amber fort situated at Aravalli hills surrounded by lake and beautiful forest trail. Amer fort represents the Indian and Mughal style of architecture, and it covers an area of 4 sq. Km. The legends say that even invaders did not want to destroy this fort during the war because it is so beautiful. If you visit there Don’t miss the light and sound show at Amer fort that tells you history about the Amer fort and the city. Amer Fort is among the list of Best Places to Visit in Jaipur.
- Location:- Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001
- Helpline no:- 0141 253 0293
- Timing:- 8:00 am to 5:30 pm ( Visiting time of fort)
7:00 pm to 9:00 Pm ( light and sound show timing )
- Entry fees:- INR 100 for Indians
INR 500 for foreigners
INR 10 for Indian students
INR 100 for Foreign Students
INR 200 for Light and sound show in English
INR 100 for Light and sound show in Hindi
2. Visit Nahargarh Fort:-
Explore another magnificent architecture monuments Nahargarh fort with a fantastic view of the entire city from its walls. Nahargarh fort is one of the most beautiful historical monuments that speak about its history. Enjoy the perfect combination of a breathtaking view of Jaipur from high above with a chilled beer from RTDC open-roof restro in the evening.
Inside Nahargarh fort, you can see the beautiful sheesh mahal entirely made out of hand-cut glass and a wax museum where you can see the statue of Amitabh Bachchan and many national heroes.
- Location:- Krishna Nagar, Brahampuri, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002
- Contact:- +91-141-5134038
- Timing:- 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Entry fees:- INR 50 for Indians
INR 200 for foreigners
INR 5 for Indian students
INR 25 for foreign students
3. Hawa Mahal:-
Hawa mahal situated on the main road of Badi Chaupad built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh for the women of the royal family to watch the festivities performing on the streets without being seen as earlier the women of the royal family are not allowed to be seen in public. This Unique structure has small windows that will enable refreshing and soothing winds to enter this structure; that’s why this structure known as Hawa mahal.
- Location:- Hawa Mahal Rd, Badi Choupad, J.D.A. Market, Pink City, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002
- Contact:- 0141 261 8033
- Timing:- 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Entry fees:- INR 50 for Indian tourist
INR 200 for foreign tourists
4. City Palace:-
City Palace the seat of the royal family situated in the heart of Jaipur built from red and pink sandstone which is the hallmark of the architectural style of Jaipur. The two main places in this Palace Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal. The descendants of the royal family live in Chandra Mahal, and the Mubarak Mahal is a part of the museum which showcases the royal artefacts and clothing. The Anand mahal showcases the Country’s most exquisite collection of weapons. The largest silver vessels are also a part of this museum.
- Location:- Tulsi Marg, Gangori Bazaar, J.D.A. Market, Pink City, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002
- Contact:- 0141 408 8888
- Timing:- 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Entry fees:- INR 130 for Indians
INR 500 for Foreigners
INR 70 for Child
INR 50 for Photography
INR 150 for Videography
INR 110 for senior citizens
5. Jaigarh Fort:-
Jaigarh fort situated on the Aravalli hills named “Chill Ka Teela” built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh 2 to protect the Amer Fort and these two are connected with an underground passage and is known as “fort of victory” as Invaders never conquered it. The giant cannon on wheels in the world named Jaivana also found in this monument. You will see a wonderful view of Jaipur from Jaigarh fort.
- Location:- Devisinghpura, Amer, Rajasthan 302028
- Contact:- 079909 85414
- Timing:- 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Entry Fees:- INR 35 for Indians
INR 85 for foreigners
6. Birla Mandir:-
Birla mandir made purely out white marble glows at night which creates a beautiful site and situated at the foot of Moti Doongri heels. Birla Mandir. The walls of the temples decorated with elaborate carvings of God and goddesses and a world of knowledge from Upanishads and Puranas. While Inners structure represents the Hindu god and goddesses, the exterior has sculptures of Buddha, Jesus Christ, Socrates, Zarasthura and Confucius.
- Location:- Birla Mandir, Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Tilak Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302022
- Contact:- +91-141-2620969
- Timing:- 5:00 am to 11:30 am and 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Entry Fees:- Free charges
7. Patrika gate:-
Patrika gate is the latest added attractions in the Jaipur catalog. The artistic painting and murals on walls entice your imagination. More popular among youth for photoshoots and the gates also leads to the biggest park of the city Jawahar circle.
- Location:- Patrika Gate, JLN Road, Jawahar Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302018
- Timing:- Open 24 hours
- Entry Fees:- Free charges
8. Albert Museum:-
Albert hall is the oldest Museum in Rajasthan, and it has a collection of artefacts that brought from a different region that divided into 16 art galleries. The ancient art, Egyptian mummy, carpets, pottery, and marble art are a part of this museum. When the night falls, and the museum glows with different lighting, it takes a whole new look, and the entire museum looks so beautiful. It’s a great place to know about the ancient culture and history of India.
- Location:- Museum Rd, Ram Niwas Garden, Kailash Puri, Adarsh Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004
- Contact :- 062895 13311
- Timing:- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Entry Fees:- INR 40 for Indians
INR 300 for Foreigners
9. Govind Devji Mandir:-
The World record holder temple for its massive corridor accommodating more than 1000 devotees at a single time under one roof. Local people say that the statue of Lord Krishna is exactly similar when he incarnated from the earth.
- Location:- Jalebi Chowk, Jai Niwas Garden, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002
- Contact:- 0141 261 9413
- Timing:- 4:30 am to 9:30 pm
- Entry fees:- Free entry charges
Adventures Things To Do in Jaipur
Do you love being adventurous during your trip and love to explore the new exciting ways to add the adrenaline rush to get you going, then Jaipur is perfect holiday destination to indulge in some exciting things to make your trip memorable.
10. Cycling Expedition:-
Enjoy the short cycling trip on the hills towards Nahargarh Fort You can also enjoy cycling uphills to a famous temple at Chulgiri. The cycles can be bought at the rent and can explore serene beauty in early mornings.
- Timing:- 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Charges:- INR 8 to 10 per hour rent for cycles
11. Night Safari:-
There are many Jaipur things do at night and one of the main important things is the Night safari. The street, monuments can be experienced best at night in Jaipur. Although the monuments closed at that time, you can see them from outside. The Leopard Reserve at Jhalana organizes the night safari at reasonable prices.
- Timing:- 6:45 am to 9:15 am and 3:45 pm to 6:15 pm
- Charges:- INR 1500 to 5500 as safari Charges
- Best time to visit:- Nov.- May
12. Hot air balloon ride:-
If you are an adventure enthusiast, This is one of the amazing this to do in Jaipur. You can enjoy the hot air balloon ride on the clean sky over mountains and lakes and experiences the unforgettable moment to cherish lifelong. The ride takes you to see various places like- Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Jal Mahal, and many others.
- Timing:- 6:15 am to 4:00 pm
- Charges:- INR 7500 to 1200o Charges
- Best time to visit:- Nov. to April
13. Elephant and Camel Ride:-
Jaipur organizes the camel festival Every year and also Elephant festival .enjoy the camel and elephants ride during the festival and also enjoy the elephant dance and polo match. You can also enjoy an elephant ride to the top of the Amer fort lasts for 20 minutes, and you dropped at the gate of the fort.
- Timing:- 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Charges:- INR 650 per elephant
The ziplining is a popular adventure sport in Jaipur which we can enjoy in many places. Many resorts have a safe set up to add an adrenaline rush to your adventure streak.
- Timing:- 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Charges:- INR 500 per person
15. Vintage car rally:-
The world-renowned Car makers organize this rally, where you get an opportunity to see some rare old models of beautiful machines and also participate in the rally and enjoy the vintage ride.
Trekking burns some calories while trekking uphill and down hills of Aravali ranges in the guidance of professional and local guides.
- Charges:- INR 1400 to 6500 for different packages.
Things To Do in Jaipur at night:-
16. Amar Jawan Jyoti:-
Amar Jawan Jyoti situated in Vidyut Nagar near Rambagh garden made in memory of Jaipur’s martyr and soldiers to honour their bravery. Watching the significant flame burning brighter in the night is a splendid experience because of the black ground, and it is then its beauty and surrounding both become exquisite.
- Location:- Jan Path, Jaipur Nagar Nigam, Lalkothi, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302005
- Timing:- open 24 hours
- Charges:- Free
17. Jal Mahal:-
Jal Mahal is named so as it floats over the man Sagar Lake in Jaipur. Watching the sunrise from Jal Mahal is a beautiful experience, but the beauty of Jal Mahal is wort-witnessing at night as the water around the Jal Mahal reflects the beauty of the palace making the sight a bizarre experience. You were not allowed to enter in this, but you can go through boats and click some amazing photographs.
- Location:- Amer Rd, Jal Mahal, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002
- Timing:- open 24 hrs
- Charges:- INR 10 for Indians
INR 50 for foreigners
18. Explore the Flavors of Jaipur at different restaurant and cafes:-
If you love to travel for food and enjoy exploring the new places to eat, then Jaipur is a place that believes in feeding good taste to flourish and keep harmony. The local delicacies of Jaipur like Ghewar, Onion Kachori, Falooda ice-cream are few main savouries that will appeal to your gourmet buds. Explore the few places mentioned below and indulge in satisfying and rejuvenating feast and explore new flavours of the exciting and colourful culture of Jaipur.
- Peacock rooftop restaurant
- Jal Mahal, ITC Rajputana
- On the house
- Savarna Mahal
- Laxmi Misthan Bhandar
- Indian ice-cream
- Masala Chowk
- Rawat kachori
19. Enjoy in bars and disc at night:-
Talking of genuinely experiencing the nightlife in Jaipur besides royalty and heritage monuments you can spend a fantastic night experiencing drinking and dancing in the city. Here I am telling you some of the Jaipur famous bars and disc that gives you Jaipur’s nightlife best experience:-
- The Grunge Lounge bar
- Bar Palladio
- Ta Blu
- 3D’s restro lounge
- The Extreme discotheque
20. Explore the Rajasthani culture at Chokhi Dhani:-
Chokhi Dhani has an essence of Rajasthani culture it gives you a chance to explore the magic of Jaipur by experiencing Camel or bullock cart rides, peppy folk dance, Live performance, Puppet Shows, Magic Shows and acrobatics of the Village style. To accompany this, you taste delicious “Rajasthani Thali”.
- Location:- Sukhdeopura Nohara, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Contact:- 0141 516 5000
- Timing:- 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Charges:- INR 700 to 1,100 for adults
INR 400 to 700 for Children ( 2’5” feet to 3’5” feet)
Shopping in Jaipur
21. Traditional wear shopping in Jaipur:-
When you are in Jaipur you can’t miss shopping for Rajasthani items. Tourists are attracted to the designer art pieces of clothes and jewellery made by skilled artisans of the Jaipur. The in-house production also keeps the exclusive items cost cheaper and thus has a large market for buyers. When in Jaipur, the tourist finds it as the rituals to shop from Jaipur which surpassed the things to do in Jaipur.
From Lehriya to Sanganeri prints clothes, to Meena work to diamond work, to handicrafts items to bedsheet, explore anything in the massive market of Jaipur. Few of the Best places to shop in Jaipur are:-
1. Johari Bazaar:-
Johari Bazaar is for ornaments lovers famous for its precious and semi-precious stones, particularly topaz, diamond, and emeralds.
- Timing:- 10:00 am to 11:00 pm.
2. Bapu Bazaar:-
Bapu Bazaar is a one-stop destination for all Jaipuri items. you can also buy juttis from here at a reasonable price. If you are looking for the wholesale market for cloth than this is the best one.
- Timing:- open at 11:00 am onwards.
3. Tripolia Bazaar:-
Tripolia Bazaar is famous for its beautiful varieties of bangles and lac jewellery. Here, you can also shop for Bandini and dye fabrics, rich embroideries, designer carpets, and brassware and other traditional wears.
- Timing:- 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
4. Chandpole Bazaar:-
Chandpole Bazaar is one of the traditional markets in Jaipur and is famous for handicrafts, carving made out of marbles and other handlooms.
- Timing:- open at 11:00 am onwards.
5. Kishanpole Bazaar:-
Kishanpole Bazaar is suitable for textile goods which we can purchase at reasonable prices, and Kishan pole Bazaar is home to many skilled artists renowned for their unique wooden carvings.
- Timing:- 11:00 am to 9:00 pm.
6. Nehru Bazaar:-
Nehru Bazaar is famous for traditional jootis that look vibrant with multi-coloured designs.
- Timing:- 10:30 am to 7:30 pm.
Off-beat Things To Do in Jaipur:-
22. Visit Jawahar Kala Kendra:-
Jawahar Kala Kendra showcases spiritual and cultural activities and displays the rich craft heritage of Rajasthan in true essence. Jawahar Kala Kendra always has innovative and Cultural happening like- music festivals, Drama shows, Craft fairs, and art exhibitions, discussions, workshops, seminars, and film screenings.
Inside Jawahar Kala Kendra there is a museum, an art studio, a library, a cafeteria, one amphi-theatre, an art display room, and a closed auditorium.
- Location:- 2, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Opp Commerce College, Jhalana Doongri, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004
- Contact:- 0141 270 6503
- Timings:- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
10:00 am to 9:00 pm ( Sunday timing)
- Entry fees:- Free entry charges
23. Enjoy Elephant polo at Dera Amer:-
Close to Amer fort, Dera Amer is a campsite run by a local family and found right out of their ancestral home. You can also watch elephant polo here and even play too.
This game originated from Jaipur also knows as the game of royals. After the elephant polo match, you can enjoy safaris on horse and camels. The locality itself serves meals. Playing and watching Elephant polo is among the list of Unusual things to do in Jaipur.
- Contact:- +91 9829 012512
24. Watch a movie at Raj mandir cinemas:-
Raj Mandir cinema is one of the famous landmarks; it has hosted many exclusive shows and movie premieres. Watching movies here is a truly memorable experience designed in a modern art style by the famous architect w.w Namjoshi.
The theatre has winding staircases and the walls decorated with chandeliers that make your trip worth remembering while visiting there.
- Location:- C-16, Bhagwan Das Rd, Panch Batti, C Scheme, Ashok Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001
- Contact:- 0141 237 4694
- Show timings:- 12:30, 3:30, 6:30, 9:30
25. Visit Elefantastic elephant farm:-
This place is for animal lovers who started for the protection of Asian elephants. This farm offers feeding and bathing of animals with your own hands and makes you learn how to communicate with elephants and also give you the chance to paint on them. Visiting an elefantastic farm is among the list of off-beat things to do in Jaipur.
- Location:- 90, Delhi – Jaipur Expy, Chandra Mahal Colony, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302028
- Contact:- 080942 53150
- Timing:- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Entry Fees:- Prices starts from INR 4500
26. Attend Jaipur literature festival:-
Jaipur literature fest is one of the most prominent literary fests in the world organized in the diggi palace, Jaipur. This fest brings together some of the best writers and thinkers across the globe. It is held every year in the third week of January. JLF is one of the most popular fests in Jaipur where you get to listen to soothing Sufi songs that provide the perfect captivating reading and discussions.
The fest organizes many debates, author interactions and many more, and it has invited many eminent speakers such as orphan Pamuk, Oprah Winfrey and award-winning authors like- lan McEwan.
Fun Things To Do in Jaipur:-
27. Visit snow planet:-
Situated at Malviya Nagar, GT central plaza you can go here for some fun time while you are exhausted with the heat of Jaipur. It offers you the facility like- dance floor, fun rides, and live snowfall. Snow planet is an indoor theme-based amusement park where you can indulge in a thrilling snow sledding on a slope. They provide jackets and snow boots. You can click here a picture with snow white and seven dwarves, Santa and reindeers, Winnie the pooh and enjoy some time in this wonderland.
- Location:- 4th Floor, GT Central, JLN Marg, Behind Gaurav Tower, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302017
- Contact:- 0141 511 3344
- Timing:- Weekdays 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. and weekends at 11.30 a.m. to 10:00 pm.
- Entry fees:- INR 550 per person
28. Get a relaxful rejuvenating massage:-
If you are tired of the city tour and want some relaxing time, then visit at Ayurvedic centre near Ashok Nagar. The Kerala Ayurveda Kendra using traditional and Indian techniques gives you some relaxing massage of skincare, yoga, and healing. You can also get various oil-based therapies here and full body massage.
You can finally relax here from the hectic trip of Jaipur and will travel back with a fresh and calm mind and body.
- Location:- 32, opposite banipark police station, Indra Colony, Bani Park, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302016
- Contact:- 0141 402 2446
- Timing:- 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
- fees:- INR 700- 3000 per person.
29. Enjoy during folk festivals:-
Jaipur celebrates life most extravagantly, and so is the scenario with the festivals. If you are planning your trip during the festival month, enjoy the most expensive way to celebrate the festivity and indulge in celebrating the lively and traditional rituals with your family this year. Enjoy festivals here is one of the fun activity Some of the major festivals that you can enjoy here are:-
- Holi: Celebrate the authentic Holi with an urban twist in the land of colours and music. Enjoy the tradition Holi with the royal family at the event held every year during the Holi festival at City Palace. The best month to visit is a march.
- Kite flying festival: The famous Kite-flying Festival celebrated from every terrace of Jaipur with loud r music and traditional delicacies with friends and families. You can also be part of the Kite flying competition held at Chaugan stadium to have an adventurous moment of your trip. The best month to visit is January.
- Teez: Teez is a celebration of womanhood and tourist can explore the different dresses and accessories worn by the married woman to demonstrate the wellbeing of their spouse uniquely. The best month to visit is August.
- Gangaur: The festival is again woman-oriented where you can enjoy the traditional dance like Ghoomar and munch on popular conventional sweets. Like Ghewar and Jalebi. The best month to visit is march- April.
- Diwali: The festival is celebrated on a large day scale in Jaipur city. Every house and market decorated with flowers and light setting an awestruck ambiance in everybody’s mind. Enjoy the jaw-dropping view during the festival. The best month for a visit here is October-November.
30. Visit Nahargarh sanctuary and Jhalana Conservation Center:-
Now apart some historical monuments spend some time to witness the wildlife at Nahargarh sanctuary and Jhalana conservation centre. Jeep safari in Nahargarh sanctuary is one of the places to visit in Jaipur. You can see 13 lions and tiger safeguarded in this sanctuary.
Jhalana conservation centre spread over an area of 20 sq. Km. Earlier this place is hunting ground of Maharajas, and here you can get to see some of the wild animals like- wild cats, Striped Hyena, Sambar Deer, Porcupine, Desert Fox, Hanuman Langur, etc.
So, above I have mentioned a list of some of the 35 things to do in Jaipur. This trip will going to be one of the amazing and adventurous trips of your life. After visiting the pink city of India, you will go back with so many memories.
FAQ about Things To Do in Jaipur
Q.1 What are the top 10 things to do in Jaipur, India?
Jaipur is famous for its historical monuments, but there are many other things other than visiting these ancient monuments. Here, I will mention some of the Jaipur special places:–
- Visit NahargarhFortt
- Explore Jaigarh fort
- Pay a visit to City palace
- Visit Jal mahal
- Visit Jantar Mantar
- Do hot air balloon ride
- Enjoy night safari in Jaipur
- Visit Chokhi Dhani
- Enjoy at Elefantastic elephant farm
- Do trekking at hathni Kund and Bhuteshwar Nath Mahadev trek.
Q.2 What are some luxury Things to do in Jaipur?
There are many luxury things to do in Jaipur like- Visit some of the best bars and disc at Jaipur, i.e. Asteria, Blackout, Bar Palladio, 3D’s restro lounge. Live in some of the best luxury hotels of Jaipur, i.e. Umaid haveli hotel and resort, Hotel royal orchid Jaipur, Diggi palace, Sarovar portico, etc.
Q.3 What to do in Jaipur in 2 days?
There are many cool things to do in Jaipur in 2 days. Here I am mentioning you a list of few things:-
- Visit Nahargarh at sunset time.
- Visit City palace
- Enjoy at ChokhiDhanii
- See the beauty of Jal mahal at night
- Do Night safari
- Ride a hot air balloon and see the whole Jaipur from high above
- Go on shopping at Jaipur
- Visit elefantastic elephant farm
- Do Vintage car rally
- Visit Albert museum
- See the cultural beauty of Jaipur at Jawahar Kala Kendra