Rajasthan is one of the most Popular States in India. It is Famous for its colourful culture, war-torn monuments, ethnic food, and traditions. Rajasthan has become the most preferred destination for holidays, honeymoons, weddings, and shopping in the last two decades.
Geographical conditions make Rajasthan a unique destination to spend your summer, winter & monsoon holidays. There are many attractive tourist Places to Visit in Rajasthan that you can explore when you book Rajasthan Tour Packages. Also, this article mentions these below, and UNESCO declares 6 Rajasthan Forts World Heritage Sites.
There are many beautiful places to visit in Rajasthan and various Things to do in Rajasthan. Still, here we have a list of some of the best
places to visit in Rajasthan that are India’s most popular and exciting destinations.
Best Places to visit in Rajasthan 2023
1. Jaipur: The Pink City
Jaipur is the Capital of Rajasthan and is popularly known as the “Pink City of India” it is also a part of the top-rated Golden triangle tour packages. Jaipur is the nearest City to the Capital of India, Delhi and is one of the top places to visit in Rajasthan. The distance between Delhi and Jaipur is 271 KM, and easily connected via Air, Train and Road transport modes. Jaipur is famous for its magnificent Forts and the rich celebration of life in the form of festivals and events.
Literature Fest, Gangaur Festival, Teej Festival, Holi, Diwali, and Kite Festival are some significant festivals that attract tourists from October to April. The City also has another urban and modern side exhibited in world-class infrastructure, making Jaipur city one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Jaipur:- City Palace, Govind Dev Ji temple, Amber fort, Nahargarh fort, Birla Mandir, Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall Museum are some of the famous Places to visit in Jaipur.
- Things to do in Jaipur:- Shop for Rajasthan dresses, Jewelleries, textiles, and Gems, Taste the famous Food in Jaipur, especially Rajasthani Thali. Go Sightseeing and Clubs in Jaipur and Explore the Nightlife in Jaipur. To know more places click on this link Things to do in Jaipur.
- Places to stay in Jaipur:- Holiday Inn Hotel, ITC Rajputana Hotel, JW Marriott Jaipur Resort and Spa, Shiv Villa Resort, Pearl Palace Heritage, Samode Haveli, WelcomHeritage Traditional Haveli, Hotel Grand Valley, Dera Rawatsar, Tara Niwas, Trident Jaipur, Chokhi Dhani Resort, Hathroi Palace, Hotel Maya, Clarks Amer, Jaipur Friendly Villa.
- Best Time to Visit:- October to March
Also Check If someone wants to stay in Jaipur, Agra, and Delhi. LIH offers you the best Luxury Golden Triangle Tour Package designed for foreign explorers, including comfortable Golden Triangle travel and luxurious hotels. You can book luxury Golden Triangle tour packages from the USA, UK, Australia, Germany, and all over the world to see the heritage of the Golden Triangle of India.
2. Udaipur: The City of Lakes
Udaipur is among the top 10 places to visit in Rajasthan. It is one of the remarkable architectural palaces surrounded by Aravali hills. It’s an Internationally popular place famous for its beauty and magnificent view. The City of lakes has many water bodies like Fateh Sagar, Pichola Lake and many hidden paradises nearby. The City has achieved popularity among the youth for its peace and calm beauty, and it’s one of the top famous destinations for couples’ weddings. The remarkable wedding at Royal lake palace, Amrapali, is every girl’s dream.
- Places to Visit in Udaipur:- Lake Pichola, Udaipur City Palace, Lake Garden Palace, The Royal Vintage Car Museum, Bagore Ki Haveli, Saheliyon ki Bari, Jagdish Temple, Shilpgram, Moti Magri, Lake Palace, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Monsoon Palace, Swaroop Sagar, Fateh Sagar Lake, Jag Mandir, Udai Sagar lake. To know more places click on this link Places to Visit in Udaipur.
- Things to do in Udaipur:- Sunrise View and Boating at Lake Pichola, Do Nature Photography, Take a tour to beautiful places to Dubai, Dine in a Royalty at Sheesh Mahal, Visit the Kumbhalgarh Fort, Enjoy the Holy in Udaipur in March.
- Places to Stay in Udaipur:- Some of the Lake View Hotels in Udaipur are:- Taj Lake Palace, Oberoi Udai Vilas, The Leela Palace, The Lalit Laxmi Vikas Palace, Fateh Prakash Palace, Little Prince Heritage Home, Advent Guest House, Hill Top Cottage, Nandini Paying Guest House, Udai Haveli Guest House.
- Best Time to Visit:- November to April.
3. Kota: The Educational District
Kota is one of the most beautiful Places to Visit in Rajasthan, India; it’s one of the most popular educational hubs in Rajasthan every year more the five lakh students come here for the entrance preparation of JEE and NEET examinations. And it is the most well-structured City to accommodate the second-largest population of the state after Jaipur. The City shows its heritage rundown in its famous palaces and gardens, and at the same time, it is renowned for its foods like the world-famous Kota Kachori, Rajasthani Thali, and much more. The Kota Dhoriya and Kota stone are a few products that have helped Kota get international recognition.
- Places to Visit in Kota Rajasthan:- Maharao Madho Singh Museum, City Palace, Jagmandir Palace, Chambal Garden, and Seven Wonder Park.
- Things to do in Kota:- Boating at Chambal Garden, Photography at Seven Wonder Park, and Tour to Kota City.
- Places to Stay in Kota:- Hotel Shakun Palace, Hotel Lilac, Hotel Sarovar Plaza, Hotel Shakun Palace and Hotel Gokul.
- Best Time to Visit:- November to March
4. Bundi: City of Stepwalls
Bundi is a Unique place to visit in Rajasthan. It’s a small town 35 km away from Kota, famous for its Baori (step wells)and Taragarh Fort, murals, and rock art. The Place has been home for many writers to create a super favorite story while wandering around the massive forts and palaces. The Place also holds a lot of tourist interest for being the Chaouen of India, where all the houses are painted blue.
- Places to Visit in Bundi:- Sukh Mahal, Nawal Sagar, Bundi Palace, Dabhai Kund, Taragarh Fort, and several other steep well reservoirs.
- Things to do in Bundi:- Watch out for the ancient Painting at Taragarh Fort inside the Badal Mahal, Spend a peaceful time at Jat Sagar lake, Explore the Taragarh fort and Places, have a glance at the famous baoris of Bundi and understand the ancient techniques of Water Harvesting, walk the Bundi old town streets, Attend the Bundi Utsav in November, Have the Best Chai in the town at Sawariya Chai House and Restaurant.
- Places to Stay in Bundi:- Hadoti Palace Bundi, Hotel Bundi House, Haveli Braj Bhushanjee, Ishwari Niwas Palace, Hotel Bundi Haveli, Kasera Heritage View, Haveli Taragarh Palace, Dev Niwas.
- Best Time to Visit:- September to March
Mandawa is a small town 190 km away from Jaipur, and it’s famous for its artistic paintings on Mandawa Fort and more than 10 Havelis. The mirror work and Mandawa work on every wall and every gate create an imaginary dream for every eye. The Place is famous among tourists for its Forts and Haveli, one of the favourite destinations for Bollywood films. Mandawa is one of the Unique Places to Visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Mandawa:- Murmuria Haveli, Hanuman Prasad Goenka Haveli, Harlalka Well, Bansidhar Newatia Haveli, and Chokhani Double Haveli.
- Things to do in Mandawa:- Visit the Havelis and Open-air art Gallery in Mandawa, and Shopping in Mandawa.
- Places to stay in Mandawa:- Hotel Chobdar Haveli, Hotel Radhika Haveli, Hotel Shahi Palace, Vivaana, Hotel Mandawa Palace and Restaurant, Hotel Castle Mandawa, Hotel Heritage Mandawa, Matsya Vilas, Desert Nights.
- Best Time to Visit:- October to April
6. Bikaner: Home of Several Forts and Temples
Bikaner is among the best Places to Visit in Rajasthan. It’s famous for the temples & Forts, Karni Mata Mandir, Junagarh fort and many more places. Bikaneri Namkeens are the most famous names on the world map associated with Bikaner.
Bikaner is the land of sand and is situated close to the Pakistan Border. The military camps in the desert make you feel proud of Indian soldiers. The City is 330 km away from Jaipur and is easily connected via Air transport, Railways and Roads.
- Places to Visit in Bikaner:- Lalgarh Palace, Junagarh fort, Shri Laxminath Temple, Sadul Singh Museum, Ganga Singh Museum, Jain Temple, National Research Centre on Camel, Karni Mata Temple.
- Things to do in Bikaner:- Attend the Bikaner Camel Festival, Shopping for Artifacts and Handicrafts, Tour to Bikaner city and Visit the popular Sightseeing places of Bikaner.
- Places to stay in Bikaner:- Hotel Raj Vilas Palace, Narendra Bhawan, Laxmi Niwas Palace, Gajner Palace, Heritage Resort, The Lallgarh Palace, Hotel Sagar Bikaner.
- Best Time to Visit:- September to March
Jodhpur is the second largest City of Rajasthan and is also known as the Sun city of Rajasthan & it’s internationally known not only for its palaces and royalty but also for the hospitality and food being served.
This City is famous for its destination weddings; a celebrity couple, Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas, wedding at Umaid Bhawan of Jodhpur is proof of capturing the grandeur’s beauty, and a calm palace where no one remains unaffected.
The City is famous for its historical evidence like Mehrangarh Fort, the clock tower and many other forts & it is known as the blue City of India. The City also has a base for the Indian Air Force. The beautiful landscape and the royal treat on the profound princely land is a significant place to visit in Rajasthan and an attraction for tourists worldwide.
- Places to Visit in Jodhpur:- Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Mehrangarh Fort, Kailana Lake, Clock Tower, Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park, Balsamand Lake, Masuria Hills Garden, and Chamunda Mata Temple.
- Things to do in Jodhpur:- Explore the beautiful Mehrangarh Fort, Adventure lovers can ride the Jodhpur Flying Fox, Take a walk at the old city markets, Take a cooking class for Indian Cuisine at Spice Paradise, Shop at Sambhali Boutique and Visit the famous Sightseeing Places in Bikaner.
- Places to stay in Jodhpur:- The Umeed Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Indana Palace Jodhpur, Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli, Mihir Garh, Park Plaza, Hari Mahal, Rohetgarh.
- Best Time to Visit: October to April
8. Pushkar: Home of Temples
Pushkar is a small town 148 km away from Jaipur. The City is trendy among foreign tourists for its vibrant and colourful Pushkar camel fair, the cheap and fashionable shopping destination, exciting and delicious foods, and comfortable and affordable stay. It is also famous for being the only Place with Lord Brahma temple, and devotees from all over the world come to the soil to find peace for their familial souls. All these things make Pushkar one of the Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Pushkar:- Man Mahal, Varaha Temple, Brahma Temple, Pushkar Lake, Apteshwar Temple, Meerabai Temple, Rangji Temple, and Savitri Temple.
- Things to do in Pushkar:- Boating in the Pushkar Lake, Watch the Evening Aarti, Ride Hot air Balloon over Pushkar, Try the local street foods in the Market, Attend the Pushkar Camel Festival and Visit the famous Sightseeing Places of Pushkar.
- Places to stay in Pushkar:- The Pushkar Bagh Resort, Hotel Kanhaia Haveli, Dera Masuda, Pushkar Resorts, Hotel Brahma Horizon, Bhanwar Singh Palace, Hotel Master Paradise, Hotel Sun Set Cafe.
- Best Time to Visit:- September to March
Neemrana is famous for its Forts which are popular Places to Visit in Rajasthan. The town is located in the middle of the Delhi -Jaipur highway and attracts many tourists for its newly developed Japanese corridor and Neemrana Fort. Both Delhi and Jaipur residents have a relaxed and comfortable weekend getaway.
- Places to Visit in Neemrana:- Sariska National Park, Neemrana Fort Palace, Alwar fort or Bala Quila, Vinay Vilas Mahal, Siliserh Lake, Baori, Ancient Vrindavan Palace.
- Things to do in Neemrana:- Explore Neemrana Fort, Visit the Baoris in Neemrana, Explore the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary, Zipline through the Neemrana fort Palace, and Pay a Visit to the nearby Hill fort of Kesroli.
- Places to stay in Neemrana:- Ramada Resort Neemrana, Neemrana Fort Palace, Grand Hira Resort Neemrana, Shiva Oasis Resort Neemrana, Days Hotel Neemrana, Cambay Sapphire Neemrana, Treehouse Dwarka Hotel and Club, Tree House Raj Mahal Resort.
- Best Time to Visit: October to March
Ajmer city is located near Pushkar and Jaipur, and it’s mainly famous for Dargah Sharif, the holiest shrine among Muslims, which attracts many tourists from all over the world who come to grant their prayers and spend some quality time in peace and harmony. Dargaff Sharif in Ajmer makes this City one of the Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Ajmer:- Naag Pathar Ranges, Taragarh Fort, Akbari Fort and Museum, Dargah Sharif, Adhai Din ka Jhonpra, Soniji ki Nasiyan, and Ana Sagar Lake.
- Things to do in Ajmer:- Attend the famous Qawwali at Dargah Sharif, Spend your time at Daulat Bagh Garden, Boating at Ana Sagar lake, and Visit the famous sightseeing places in Ajmer.
- Places to Stay in Ajmer:- Hotel New Jannat, Ananta Spa and Resorts, The Royal Melange Ajmer Hotel, Hotel LN Courtyard, Hotel Sahil, Hotel Moon Star, Namaste India Hotel and Cafe, Hotel Plaza Inn.
- Best Time to Visit:- September to April
11. Sawai Madhopur
Sawai Madhopur is home to Ranthambore national park. It is one of the best tourist places to visit in Rajasthan, and Ranthambore is one of the UNESCO world heritage sites as it sketches the history of several architecture, kings and Clans.
Experience the wonderful adventurous wildlife trip at Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, 145 km from Jaipur. The Place attracts tourists from October to December to spot the Royal Bengal Tiger in its natural habitat. The Place also offers an exotic stay in the most luxurious and comfortable hotel near the forest. It is also the best things to do in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Sawai Madhopur:- Ranthambore National Park, Chamatkar Temple, Ranthambore Fort, Khandar Fort.
- Things to do in Sawai Madhopur:- Tiger Safari at Ranthambore National Park, Lavish Stay at Sher bagh Ranthambore, Explore the Ranthambore Fort and do some Photography there.
- Places to Stay in Sawai Madhopur:- Anuraga Palace Luxury Resort and Spa, Vivanta Sawai Madhopur Lodge, The Tigress Spa and Resort, Ranthambore Heritage Haveli, Tiger Safari Resort, The Pugmark ( A Wildlife Resort), Regenta Resort Vanya Mahal, Jungle View Resort Ranthambhore.
The Place is near Udaipur and is surrounded by beautiful jungles and mountains. An exotic location in the hills of the Aravali ranges is a perfect getaway for the weekend and one of the fantastic Places to Visit in Rajasthan. The best time to visit this Place is during monsoon to enjoy the beautiful landscape staying in a wide range of luxurious and comfortable hotels. Kumbhalgarh fort at the top of the hill is the panoramic view that will leave you amazed during your visit.
- Places to Visit in Kumbhalgarh:- Badal Mahal, Mammadev Temple, Vedi Temple, Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Parshuram Temple, Muchhal Mahavir Temple, Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple.
- Things to do in Kumbhalgarh:- Explore the Kumbhal Garh Fort and Badal Mahal, Pay a Visit to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Places to Stay in Kumbhalgarh:- Mahua Bagh Kumbhalgarh, Kumbalgarh Safari Camp, Hotel the Wild Retreat, The Kumbha Bagh, Fateh Safari Suites, Shahpura Kumbhal Villas, The Aodhi.
The small village at the edge of the Sariska Tiger Reserve has conspired a story. The haunted village with a haunted fort is what is said about Bhangarh, one of the best Places to Visit in Rajasthan.The Place attracts many adventurous people who come to find the truth behind the haunting story of the fort.
- Places to Visit in Bhangarh:- Visit Sariska Tiger Reserve, Bhangarh Fort, Karni Mata Temple and Pandupol.
- Things to do in Bhangarh:- Explore the haunted Bhangarh Fort and Pay a Visit to Sariska Tiger Reserve.
- Places to Stay in Bhangarh:- Aman Bagh, Jungle Camp Sariska, Umaid Lake Palace, Hotel Raj Resort.
14. Mount Abu: Hill Station of Rajasthan
Mount Abu is the only hill station in Rajasthan, and It is one of the superb places to visit in Rajasthan during the summer season. Though the weather remains hot during summer, boating at Nakki lake, meditating at the beautiful Dilwara Temple, and a ropeway tour to Mata mandir will keep the spirit high throughout your visit.
- Places to Visit in Mount Abu:- Guru Shikhar, Nakki Lake, Trevor’s Tank, Wildlife Sanctuary, Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple, Sunset Point, Achalgarh, Dilwara Jain Temple, Toad Rock, and Mount Abu Bazaars.
- Things to do in Mount Abu:- View the Sunset from Sunset Point, Boating in Nakki Lake, Birdwatching at Trevor’s Tank, Visit Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, Trekking to Guru Shikhar and Camping at Aravali.
- Places to Stay in Mount Abu:- Sterling Mount Abu Resorts and Hotels, WelcomHeritage Connaught House, Hotel Abu Grand Mount Abu, Hotel Hillock, Ratan Villas, Cama Rajput Club Resort, Hotel Hilltone, The Colonial Manek Manor.
So, here is the end of the list of 14 Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan that you can explore during Rajasthan Tour. You Can Book your Rajasthan Tour Package from LIH which is the Best Rajasthan Travel Agent in India.
Rajasthan is India’s most luxurious state, home to a large number of palaces and forts. The royalty may be found in every nook of this amazing place. The elegance and lavish foundations will follow you in Rajasthan. Step into the vital land of Rajasthan by booking our Luxury Rajasthan Tour Package. Enjoy the real royalty and elegant lifestyle in different cities of Rajasthan.
FAQs on Places to Visit in Rajasthan
Q.1 Out of so many Places to Visit in Rajasthan, Which is the most beautiful City?
Ans – Jaipur, is one best places to visit in Rajasthan. Jaipur is the perfect blend of old-world charm and new world Sparkle. It is one of the most beautiful city in Rajasthan, India.
Q.2 How many days do you need for Rajasthan Tour?
Ans – You almost need 10 -12 days to complete the Rajasthan Tour and to see the major significant places to visit in Rajasthan.
Q.3 Is Mount-Abu Worth Visiting?
Ans –Yes, Mount Abu is worth-visiting. Mount has Cold weather and offers you a very famous dilwara temple. Boating at Nakki lake watching the sunset gives you different kind of Relaxation and Mountabu is also one of the most beautiful places to visit in Rajasthan.
Q.4 Which is the best time to visit Rajasthan?
Ans – November to February is the best time to visit in Rajasthan.
Q.5 What are the places to visit in Rajasthan in 5 Days?
Ans –Following are the Places to Visit in Rajasthan in 5 Days are:-
- Visit the Places for Sightseeing in Jaipur at Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Nahargarh Fort, Elephant ride at Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal,
- Boating at Pushkar Lake and take a holy dip there, Go and pay homage to Brahma Temple and Visit Rose Garden at Pushkar.
- Enjoy Boating at Nakki Lake and visit at famous Dilwara temple in Mount Abu.
Q.6 Why is Rajasthan a tourist place?
Ans – Rajasthan is a tourist place because it is famous for its Culture, Historical Forts, Places & Hospitality & the Rajasthan is Located in the midst of the Thar Desert where Tourists enjoy the different kinds of Activities like Camel Riding in the Sand Dunes, Dune Bashing, Enjoying the Traditional Cultural Performances and much more.
Q.7 Is Rajasthan worth visiting?
Ans – Rajasthan is one of the Top Cultural States in India. It is Famous for its Culture, Food, Shopping & a Historical Fort. and Rajasthan is Home of Great Number of Wildlife in India. Some of the National Sanctuaries are National Desert Sanctuary, Jaisalmer Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary and much more.
Q.8 What is a famous food in Rajasthan?
The Famous Food of Rajasthan is Dal Baati Churma, Bajre ki Roti with Lasun chutney, Onion Kachori, Papad ki Sabji, Dal Kachori and Much more.