No wonder Rajasthan is recognized as Designer state globally for its fine creativity on monuments, culture, custom, food, and tradition. In the last two decades, Rajasthan has emerged as the most preferred destination for holiday, honeymoons, weddings, and shopping. The Aravali hills, Thar desert, and geographical accessibility make Rajasthan a unique destination to spend your summer, winter, monsoon holidays. There are lots of Places to Visit in Rajasthan that you can explore during Tour which are mentioned in this article below. UNESCO declares 6 Rajasthan Forts World Heritage Site.
There are so many beautiful places to visit in Rajasthan and various Things to do in Rajasthan but here we have a list of some of the best places to visit in Rajasthan that are amongst the most popular and exciting destinations in India.
40% of the Outsider Travellers Choose These packages
• 100% Verified Stays • No Booking Fees • 35K + Reviews by Travellers
Best Places to visit in Rajasthan India
1. Jaipur: The Pink City
The Capital of Rajasthan popularly known as “Pink City of India” and is a part of the very popular Golden triangle tour India. Jaipur is the nearest big city to the Capital of India, Delhi and the top places to visit in Rajasthan. The distance between Delhi to Jaipur is 271 km and is easily connected via air, and road transport mode, Jaipur is famous for its grandeur Forts and the splendid celebration of life in form of festivals and events.
Literature Fest, Gangaur festival, Teez festival, Holi, Diwali, Kite Festival are some of the Major festivals that attract tourist in the month From October to March, Gangaur festival is celebrated in the month of April. The city also has another urban and modern side which is exhibited in world-class infrastructure, That makes Jaipur city as one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan in 3 Days.
- Places to Visit in Jaipur:- City Palace, Govind Dev Ji temple, Amber fort, Nahargarh fort, Birla Mandir, Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall Museum. To know, more places click on this link Places to visit in Jaipur.
- Things to do in Jaipur:- Shop for Rajasthan dresses, Jewelleries, textiles, and Gems, Taste the famous Food in Jaipur especially Rajasthani Thali, Go for a Sightseeing and Clubs in Jaipur, Explore the Nightlife in Jaipur. To know, more places click on this link Things to do in Jaipur.
- Places to stay in Jaipur:- Rajputana Guest House, Backpackers Villa, JW Marriott Jaipur Resort and Spa, Villa 243, Pearl Palace Heritage, Samode Haveli, WelcomHeritage Traditional Haveli, Hotel Vaishnavi, Dera Rawatsar, Tara Niwas, Trident Jaipur, Madhav Guest House, Hathroi Palace, Ikaki Niwas, Rawla Rawatstar, Jaipur Friendly Villa.
2. Udaipur: The City of Lakes
Again a miraculously architect palace surrounded by Aravali hills, Udaipur is among the top 10 places to visit in Rajasthan. An Internationally popular place for its beauty and panoramic view. The city of lakes has many water bodies like Fateh Sagar, Pichola Lake and also many hidden paradises in nearby places too. The city has gain popularity among the youth for its peace and serene beauty and is on the top list of many couples destination wedding choices. The extravagant wedding at Royal lake palace, Amrapali is the dream of every girl.
- Places to Visit in Udaipur:- Lake Pichola, Udaipur City Palace, Lake Garden Palace, The Royal Vintage Car Museum, Bagore Ki Haveli, Saheliyon ki Baori, Jagdish Temple, Shilpgram, Moti Magri, Lake Palace, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Monsoon Palace, Swaroop Sagar, Fateh Sagar Lake, Jag Mandir, Udai Sagar lake. To know, more places click on this link Places to Visit in Udaipur.
- Things to do in Udaipur:- Sunrise View and Boating at Lake Pichola, Do the Nature Photography, Take a tour to the beautiful places to Dubai, Dine in a Royalty at Sheesh Mahal, Visit the Kumbhalgarh Fort, Enjoy the Holy in Udaipur in the month of March.
- Places to Stay in Udaipur:- Some of the Lake View Hotels in Udaipur are:- Taj Lake Palace, Oberoi Udai Vilas, The Leela Palace, The Lalit Laxmi Vikas Palace, Fateh Prakash Palace, Little Prince Heritage Home, Advent Guest House, Hill Top Cottage, Nandini Paying Guest House, Udai Haveli Guest House.
3. Kota: The Educational District
Kota is one of the Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan India and the most popular educational hubs in Rajasthan and enjoys being the most well-structured city to accommodate the largest population of the state. The city exhibits its heritage rundown in its popular palaces and gardens and at the same time has emerged as the strongest contender of being a smart city. The Kota Dhoriya, Kota stone are few products that have helped Kota get international recognition.
- Places to Visit in Kota Rajasthan:- the Maharao Madho Singh Museum, City Palace, Jagmandir Palace, and Chambal Garden, Seven Wonder Park.
- Things to do in Kota:- Boating at Chambal Garden, Photography at Seven Wonder Park, and Tour to Kota City.
- Places to Stay in Kota:- Hotel Shakun Palace, Hotel Lilac, Hotel Sarovar Plaza, Hotel Shakun Palace, Hotel Gokul.
4. Bundi: City of Stepwalls
Being among the Unique places to visit in Rajasthan, Bundi a small town 35 km away from Kota, famous for its Baori ( step wells)and Taragarh Fort, murals and rock arts. The place has been home for many writers to create a super luxurious story while wandering around the massive forts and palaces. The place also holds a lot of interest in tourist for being the Chaouen of India where all the houses are painted blue in colour.
- Places to Visit in Bundi:- Sukh Mahal, Nawal Sagar, Bundi Palace, Dabhai Kund, Taragarh Fort, and several other steep well reservoirs.
- Things to do in Bundi:- Watchout the ancient Painting at Taragarh fort inside the Badal Mahal, Spend a peaceful time at Jat Sagar lake, Explore the Taragarh fort and Places, have a glance at the famous baoris of Bundi and understand the ancient techniques of Water Harvesting, walk the Bundi old town streets, Attend the Bundi Utsav in November, Have the Best Chai in the town at Sawariya Chai House and Restaurant.
- Places to Stay in Bundi:- Hadoti Palace Bundi, Hotel Bundi House, Haveli Braj Bhushanjee, Ishwari Niwas Palace, Hotel Bundi Haveli, Kasera Heritage View, Haveli Taragarh Palace, Dev Niwas.
Mandawa is not so popular small town 190 km away from Jaipur famous for its artistical painting on Mandawa Fort and more than 10 Havelis. The mirror work and Mandawa work on every wall and on every gate creates an illusionary dream to every eye. The place is famous among tourists for its unexplored places and being a hot destination for Bollywood films. Mandawa is one of the Unique Places to Visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Mandawa:- Murmuria Haveli, Hanuman Prasad Goenka Haveli, Harlalka Well, Bansidhar Newatia Haveli, and Chokhani Double Haveli.
- Things to do in Mandawa:- Visit the Havelis and Open-air art Gallery in Mandawa, and Shopping in Mandawa.
- Places to stay in Mandawa:- Hotel Chobdar Haveli, Hotel Radhika Haveli, Hotel Shahi Palace, Vivaana, Hotel Mandawa Palace and Restaurant, Hotel Castle Mandawa, Hotel Heritage Mandawa, Matsya Vilas, Desert Nights.
6. Bikaner: Home of Several Forts and Temples
Bikaner is among the top Places to Visit in Rajasthan in 3 Days. Bikaner is the land of sand and is close to Pakistan Borders. The military camps in the desert make you feel proud of Indian soldiers. The Karni Mata Mandir, The Junagarh fort and Bikaneri Namkeens are the most popular names on the world map associated with Bikaner. The city is 330 km away from Jaipur city and is easily connected via Air transport, Railways and Roads.
- Places to Visit in Bikaner:- Lalgarh Palace, Junagarh fort, Shri Laxminath Temple, Sadul Singh Museum, Ganga Singh Museum, Jain Temple, National Research Centre on Camel, Karni Mata Temple.
- Things to do in Bikaner:- Attend the Bikaner Camel Festival, Shopping of Artifacts and Handicrafts, Do the Tour to Bikaner city and Visit the popular Sightseeing places of Bikaner.
- Places to stay in Bikaner:- Hotel Raj Vilas Palace, Narendra Bhawan, Laxmi Niwas Palace, Gajner Palace, Heritage Resort, The Lallgarh Palace, Hotel Sagar Bikaner.
The Sun city of Rajasthan is internationally known not only for its palaces and royalty but also for the hospitality and food being served. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas wedding at Umaid Bhawan of Jodhpur is proof of how contagious the beauty and serenity of the grandeur palace is that no one remains unaffected. The Mehrangarh Fort, the clock tower and many other forts and palaces are the historical evidence of the occasionally also known as the blue city of India. The city also has the base for Indian Air Force. The beautiful landscape and the royal treat on the profound princely land is a major place to visit in Rajasthan and attraction for tourists from all over the world.
- Places to Visit in Jodhpur:- Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Mehrangarh Fort, Kailana Lake, Clock Tower, Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park, Balsamand Lake, Masuria Hills Garden, and Chamunda Mata Temple.
- Things to do in Jodhpur:- Explore the beautiful Mehrangarh Fort, Adventure lovers can ride the Jodhpur Flying Fox, Take a walk at the old city markets, Take a cooking class for India Cuisine at Spice Paradise, Shop at Sambhali Boutique and Visit the famous Sightseeing Places in Bikaner.
- Places to stay in Jodhpur:- The Umeed Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Indana Palace Jodhpur, Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli, Mihir Garh, Park Plaza, Hari Mahal, Rohetgarh.
Pushkar is a sacred town 148 km away from Jaipur. It is famous for the only place with Lord Brahma temple and devotees from all over the world come soil to find peace for their ancestral soul. The town is very popular among foreign tourists for its vibrant and colourful Pushkar camel fair, the cheap and fashionable shopping destination, the exciting and delicious fusion delicacies, the comfortable and cheap stay. All these Things make Pushkar one of the Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Pushkar:- Man Mahal, Varaha Temple, Brahma Temple, Pushkar Lake, Apteshwar Temple, Meerabai Temple, Rangji Temple, and Savitri Temple.
- Things to do in Pushkar:- Boating in the Puskar Lake, Watch the Evening Aarti, Ride Hot air Ballon over Pushkar, Try the local street foods in the Market, Attend the Pushkar Camel Festival, Visit the famous Sightseeing Places of Pushkar.
- Places to stay in Pushkar:- The Pushkar Bagh Resort, Hotel Kanhaiya Haveli, Dera Masuda, Pushkar Resorts, Hotel Brahma Horizon, Bhanwar Singh Palace, Hotel Master Paradise, Hotel Sun Set Cafe.
The industrial town in mid of Delhi -Jaipur highway attracts a lot of tourist for its newly developed Japanese corridor and Neemrana Fort. The Fort made Neemrana popular Places to Visit in Rajasthan among both Delhi and Jaipur residents to have a relaxed and comfortable weekend gateway.
- Places to Visit in Neemrana:- Sariska National Park, Neemrana Fort Palace, Alwar fort or Bala Quila, Vinay Vilas Mahal, Siliserh Lake, Baori, Ancient Vrindavan Palace.
- Things to do in Neemrana:- Explore Neemrana Fort, Visit the Baoris in Neemrana, Explore the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary, Zipline through the Neemrana fort Palace, Pay a Visit to the nearby Hill fort of Kesroli.
- Places to stay in Neemrana:- Ramada Resort Neemrana, Neemrana Fort Palace, Grand Hira Resort Neemrana, Shiva Oasis Resort Neemrana, Days Hotel Neemrana, Cambay Sapphire Neemrana, Treehouse Dwarka Hotel and Club, Tree House Raj Mahal Resort.
Ajmer is a city near to Pushkar and Jaipur. It is mainly famous for Dargah Shariff most sacred shrine among Muslims which attracts lots of tourist from all over the world who comes to bestow their prayers and spend some times in peace and harmony. Dargaff Shariff in Ajmer makes this city one of the Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Ajmer:- Naag Pathar Ranges, Taragarh Fort, Akbari Fort and Museum, Dargah Shariff, Adhai Din ka Jhonpra, Soniji ki Nasiyan, and Ana Sagar Lake.
- Things to do in Ajmer:- Attend the famous Qawwali at Dargah Shariff, Spend your time at Daulat Bagh Garden, Boating at Ana Sagar lake, Visit the famous sightseeing places in Ajmer.
- Places to Stay in Ajmer:- Hotel New Jannat, Ananta Spa and Resorts, The Royal Melange Ajmer Hotel, Hotel LN Courtyard, Hotel Sahil, Hotel Moon Star, Namaste India Hotel and Cafe, Hotel Plaza Inn.
11. Sawai Madhopur
Sawai Madhopur is one of the best tourist places to visit in Rajasthan and is home of Ranthambore national park. Ranthambore place is one of the UNESCO world heritage sites as it depicts the history of several architecture, kings and Clans.
Experience the wonderful adventurous wildlife trip at Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, 145 km away from Jaipur. The Place attracts lots of tourists in the month of October to December to spot the Royal Bengal Tiger in the natural habitat. The Place also offers an exotic stay in the most luxurious and comfortable hotel near the forest.
- Places to Visit in Sawai Madhopur:- Ranthambore National Park, Chamatkar Temple, Ranthambore Fort, Khandar Fort.
- Things to do in Sawai Madhopur:- Tiger Safari at Ranthambore National Park, Lavish Stay at Sher bagh Ranthambore, Explore the Ranthambore Fort and do some Photography there.
- Places to Stay in Sawai Madhopur:- Anuraga Palace Luxury Resort and Spa, Vivanta Sawai Madhopur Lodge, The Tigress Spa and Resort, Ranthambore Heritage Haveli, Tiger Safari Resort, The Pugmark ( A Wildlife Resort), Regenta Resort Vanya Mahal, Jungle View Resort Ranthambhore.
An exotic location in the mountains of Aravali ranges is a perfect getaway for the weekend and one of the unique Places to Visit in Rajasthan. The place is near to Udaipur and is surrounded by beautiful jungles and mountains. The best time to visit this place is during monsoon to enjoy the beautiful landscape staying in a wide range of luxurious and comfortable hotels. Kumbhalgarh fort at the top of the hill is the panoramic view that will leave you awestruck during your visit.
- Places to Visit in Kumbhalgarh:- Badal Mahal, Mammadev Temple, Vedi Temple, Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Parshuram Temple, Muchhal Mahavir Temple, Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple.
- Things to do in Kumbhalgarh:- Explore the Kumbhal Garh Fort and Badal Mahal, Pay a Visit to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Places to Stay in Kumbhalgarh:- Mahua Bagh Kumbhalgarh, Khumbalgarh Safari Camp, Hotel the Wild Retreat, The Kumbha Bagh, Fateh Safari Suites, Shahpura Kumbhal Villas, The Aodhi.
The haunted village with a haunted fort is what is said about Bhangarh, one of the Places to Visit in Rajasthan. The small village at the edge of Sariska Tiger Reserve has conspired a story. The place attracted lots of adventurous people who come to find the truth behind the haunting story of the fort.
- Places to Visit in Bhangarh:- Visit Sariska Tiger Reserve, Bhangarh Fort, Karni Mata Temple and Pandupol.
- Things to do in Bhangarh:- Explore the haunted Bhangarh Fort and Pay a Visit to Sariska Tiger Reserve.
- Places to Stay in Bhangarh:- Aman Bagh, Jungle Camp Sariska, Ummaid Lake Palace, Hotel Raj Resort.
14. Mount Abu: Hill Station of Rajasthan
The only hill station in Rajasthan, Mount Abu is one of the perfect places to visit in Rajasthan in summer season. Though weather remains hot during summer, still boating at Nakki lake, meditating at the beautiful Dilwara Temple, ropeway tour to Mata mandir will keep the spirit high throughout your visit.
- Places to Visit in Mount Abu:- Guru Shikhar, Nakki Lake, Trevor’s Tank, Wildlife Sanctuary, Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple, Sunset Point, Achalgarh, Dilwara Jain Temple, Toad Rock, and Mount Abu Bazaars.
- Things to do in Mount Abu:- View the Sunset from Sunset Point, Boating in Nakki Lake, Birdwatching at Trevor’s Tank, Visit Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, Trekking to Guru Shikhar and Camping at Aravali.
- Places to Stay in Mount Abu:- Sterling Mount Abu Resorts and Hotels, WelcomHeritage Connaught House, Hotel Abu Grand Mount Abu, Hotel Hillock, Ratan Villas, Cama Rajput Club Resort, Hotel Hilltone, The Colonial Manek Manor.
So, here is the end of the list of 16 Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan that you can explore during Rajasthan Tour. You Can Book your Rajasthan Tour Package from LIH which is the Best Rajasthan Travel Agent in India.
Geographical Description: The Rajasthan is the Northwest part of India surrounded by Aravali ranges in eastern borders and a long stretch of Thar desert on its western border, The Rajasthan shares its boundaries with Gujrat, Delhi, Haryana, and even Pakistan. The weather in Rajasthan remains tropical throughout the year, which makes it hot and dry in summer and cold and chilled in winter.
Weather: The summers(April-June) are hot and dry and winter(December-February) is chilling and cold, Monsoon(July-September) has moderate rainfall.
Mean of transport: Rajasthan has 3 international Airport,(Jaipur, Udaipur, and Jodhpur) have a total of 6 domestic airports(Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur, Bikaner, Kota, Jaisalmer) and have a direct flight for Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, Muscat, Sharjah and connected to many cities nationally.
Rajasthan is connected to many states through several national highways.
The Railway Station in cities of Rajasthan also connects various train running through different states.
Rajasthan also the connectivity through metro train running within the city in Jaipur and Kota/
Best time to visit: Monsoon and winters are the best seasons to visit Rajasthan.
LIH success story: Ornella Nitardi was with us in the Rajasthan tour and was overwhelmed by the punctuality and professionalism experienced throughout the tour. The traveller was very much impressed with the hospitality entire Rajasthan offered during the trip.
FAQs on Places to Visit in Rajasthan
Q.1 Out of so many Places to Visit in Rajasthan, Which is the most beautiful City?
Ans – Jaipur, is one best places to visit in Rajasthan. Jaipur is the perfect blend of old-world charm and new world Sparkle. It is one of the most beautiful city in Rajasthan, India.
Q.2 How many days you need for Rajasthan Tour?
Ans – You almost need 10 -12 days to complete the Rajasthan Tour and to see the major places to visit in Rajasthan.
Q.3 Is Mount-Abu Worth Visiting?
Ans – Yes, Mount Abu is worth-visiting. Mount has Cold weather and offers you a very famous dilwara temple. Boating at Nakki lake watching the sunset gives you different kind of Relaxation and Mountabu is also one of the most beautiful places to visit in Rajasthan.
Q.4 Which is the best time to visit Rajasthan?
Ans – November to February is the best time to visit in Rajasthan.
Q.5 What are the places to visit in Rajasthan in 5 Days?
Ans – Following are the Places to Visit in Rajasthan in 5 Days are:-
- Visit the Places for Sightseeing in Jaipur at Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Nahargarh Fort, Elephant ride at Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal,
- Boating at Pushkar Lake and take a holy dip there, Go and pay homage to Brahma Temple and Visit Rose Garden at Pushkar.
- Enjoy Boating at Nakki Lake and visit at famous Dilwara temple in Mount Abu.