The Golden Triangle India is one of the most popular tours Circuit in India. The tour covers the famous Historical cities of India:- Delhi, Agra & Jaipur. The triangular shape formed by Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan gave rise to the name of the Golden Triangle. The journey starts in Delhi, then goes to Agra and then to Jaipur. It takes about 750 km by road to complete the circuit. Each leg is about 6-8 hours.
India is the Astir blend of Modern and Ancient culture, and the Golden Triangle in India is the true representative of the various colours of India. National Capital Territory of Delhi, the Mughal Grandeur of Agra, and the Majestic Royals of Jaipur are the most travelled trios of India and are known as the ‘Golden Triangle in India’.
Each destination in your Tour of the Golden Triangle in India represents the diverse tradition, culture, ancient architecture, a variety of food, awe-inspiring modern and traditional sights of enlightening Bazaars, and first-class accommodation. This mesmerizing trip to India would blow your mind with its Rich-Unique History. Check Golden Triangle Tour Packages & Luxury Golden Triangle Tour if you are planning to travel to India in 2023-24.
India is recording an exponential growth of tourism footprints, and the highest density of visitor traffic is nestled in Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur, for many reasons. One of the great reasons behind this is- this charismatic trio marks the shortest travel distance between each other and comes up with a magnificent imaginary Triangle drawn at the heart of India, linking with the equidistance limbs of 200-250 km from each other.
This article is a guide for the Golden Triangle in India, telling you highlights, the best-possible route, the best monuments to visit during Golden Triangle India Tour, along with the points to remember while travelling on holidays to the golden triangle in India.
Rajasthan Tour Packages
Golden Triangle Tour Packages
Luxury India Tour Packages
Golden Triangle in India
- Highlights of the Golden Triangle of India
- Best Way to Travel Around the Golden Triangle Tour of India
- Best Way to Travel the Golden Triangle Tour of India
- Reason to Visit the Golden Triangle Tour of India
- Best time to visit the Golden Triangle of India
- Points to Remember while Travelling the Golden Triangle Tour to India
- Frequently Asked Questions About Golden Triangle of India
Highlights of the Golden Triangle of India
- Explore the charismatic charm of Old Delhi.
- Relish the lavish mouth tempering Indian cuisines.
- Discover the lifestyle of Royal Kings and Queens.
- An enchanting view of the Grand Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort in Agra.
- Stroll in the incredible colourful markets of pink city Jaipur.
- A short excursion to a Royal Ghost Town – Fatehpur Sikri
Best Way to Travel Around the Golden Triangle Tour of India
The most exotic tour of the Golden Triangle to India starts from the modern trail that covers unbeatable Delhi, the Mughal city Agra, and the magnificent Jaipur. The tour passes through the eminent Indian Architecture Beauty, mesmerizing Bazaars, natural sightings, Rajasthani attractions, and many more.
The grand tour to the Golden Triangle of India starts with exploring Delhi. Witness the mesmerizing Mughal-era structures designed with marble and red stones, such as the Humayun Tomb, Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Lodi Garden, and more.
Around 233 km from Delhi, take a short drive to the magnificent Agra, where you will enjoy the outstanding World Heritage Sites such as- the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Mehtabh Bagh, Fatehpur Sikri, etc.
Later, the Capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur, awaits your visit to the ancient princely sights- City Palace, Albert Hall, Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Rajasthani Markets, Jaipur Foods, and more.
You can also visit nearby attractions such as the Royal Ghost House- Fatehpur Sikri or the Land of Tigers- Ranthambore National Park in Sawai Madhopur.
Best Way to Travel the Golden triangle tour to India:-
Let’s know the best way to travel on the Golden Triangle Tour to India–
Delhi: Astir blend of Islamic life with exquisiteness
The Heart of India, Delhi, is the first destination of the Golden Triangle in India Tour which comprises the Old Monuments to the Modern Infrastructure. Walkthrough the busiest Old Streets of Delhi and load yourself into a virtual time machine that will get you back to a few centuries ago to grasp a dynamic sight of the ancient infrastructure of India. Start from the old Havelis, Cobbled streets and cover almost all the destinations in Delhi.
Delhi is where you can relish the whole nation’s culture, whether delicious street food or sumptuous cuisines, performance arts, festivals, or idyllic inexpensive shopping. Enjoy Delhi while exploring the dynamic monument and the pride of India- the Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, India Gate, Jantar Mantar, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb, Lotus Temple, and Asia’s Biggest Markets like Sadar Bazaars, Chandni Chowk, and other memorable structures that add more links to the history of India.
Delhi is an exotic place offering 3 to 5-star hotels with modern and traditional architecture. Continue your Tour to Golden Triangle in India by exploring the next city- Grandeur Agra.
Agra- the Mughal Grandeur City
From Delhi, the epitome of Mughal -Agra City is just 233 km away, ensuring 2-3 hours to reach the destination. If you catch the train from Delhi Railway Station, it will take 2 hours; if you choose to travel by road, you will be in Agra in 3-4 hours.
Once you enter Agra city of Uttar Pradesh, you will be drawn by the pleasant sweet smell of ‘Agra ka Petha’ the most famous Royal Sweet. Moving inside the city, you would confront the land entirely into the Mughal Narnia situation with resounding structures, Grand Mausoleums, and lush green gardens.
The Taj Mahal is a crown jewel of all Indian Architecture. Famous for its artistic carvings, a grand refined mausoleum is made of semi-precious stones, and mesmerizing minarets filled with adorable ancient designs would leave you amazed. The dynamic grandeur is surrounded by the geometric gardens famous for strolling and taking snapshots, and the Taj Mahal is known for its creative art-filled structure.
The Taj Mahal sighting does not end the Agra Tour. Walkout the Taj Campus and head towards the city to enjoy the street shops for buying Well-designed Carpets, Persian Rugs, Wool Articles, Marble artefacts such as miniature Taj Mahal, Piggy Banks, Marble Pens, and more to take part in the Magnificent Agra back with you. You can also explore other famous Marvels or Mughal structures, such as Agra Fort, Akbar’s Tomb, and Mehtabh Bagh while enjoying the Tonga Ride.
You can also visit another signature Mughal City – Fatehpur Sikri, located on the way to Jaipur from Agra. The city is built with every detail of architectural boasting and luxury. This Mughal capital city was abandoned within a decade or so due to a lack of water resources and the coercion forces of hostile kingdoms.
Jaipur- Regal City of Rajputi Royals
Head towards the western end of India, Jaipur is situated beside the empty quarter of Rajasthan. This is the most lively destination of the Golden Triangle Tour of India. The city is known for its grand Rajput Forts and richest cuisine served with meat and spices, which has become one of the most alluring destinations among foodies. Being a part of the deserted state, still, water scarcity has done nothing to the Rajasthani culture and is embedded firmly in its roots. Its managed colourful culture makes the land unique.
The most iconic Rajasthani tradition has marked the city as an idyllic shopping destination. With the northeastern Aravali hills, the mighty Rajputs have decorated their city with mesmerizing structures, red sandstone monuments, and much more. It is one of the most attractive destinations in Rajasthan. What else can beat the beauty of such a dynamic capital of Rajasthan?
This is the city of forts. You can start your Jaipur City Tour from the grand City Palace and head towards the other mesmerizing places such as Nahargarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Jaigarh Fort, Jagatshironmani temple, Amber Fort, and much more. Also, visit the most exclusive Rajasthani markets – Johri Bazaar, Babu Bazaar, Chandpole Bazaar, Tripolia Market, and many more. While strolling in the markets, add an exclusive element of Jaipur Stories.
Reasons To Visit The Golden Triangle Tour of India
Of course, there are several reasons why these three magnificent destinations are chosen for providing the best cultural and traditional experiences. Check out why the Tour to Golden Triangle in India is famous.
- Every destination of the Golden Triangle Circuit is a heritage-rich land. Each is filled with unique culture and traditions with added other elements. This trip to the great trios is a window to enjoy India’s lively lifestyle, making this tour of the Golden Triangle in India epic.
- Even if you love to travel alone, the Golden Triangle India tour is the best option. India’s three significant destinations are magnificent attractions with no diverted routes. This will make you interact with other tourists, no matter when you visit.
- Filled with Rich-heritage and history, the Delhi- Agra-Jaipur is based on ancient Indian legacy, which the numerous ancient monuments, forts, gardens, and markets can see. With this circuit, you would discover the true heritage of the nation.
- The luxury Golden Triangle Tour offers you the best amenities, from enchanting boutique hotels to luxury cabs or trains. All the destinations in the trio-circuit are filled with topmost hotel chains and the most luxurious trains in India, which have superb itineraries covering the Golden Triangle route.
- Though these three destinations might look random, they are filled with varying architectural styles, unique cultures, and delicious cuisine, thus giving you the best travelling experience in your super exciting vacations.
- Delhi- Agra- Jaipur are well-connected cities making a beautiful triangle located at the median of 200-250 km from each other. Linked through well-built roadways, super-fast trains, air connectivity, and six-lane highways, with the shortest distance travel, make your Golden Triangle Tour a most memorable one.
- Delhi’s sumptuous street-foods dishes, Agra’s flavoured Petha, and the taste of the spicy Rajasthani Thali make the entire trip worthy for a foodie traveller.
Best time to visit the Golden Triangle of India
The decision to travel to the Golden Triangle in India can be complex because of the extremely diverse weather. India’s seasons are divided into the Winter season (December to February), Summer season (March to May), Monsoon season (June to September), and Autumn season (October to November).
The best time to visit the Golden Triangle in India is between the months of November and March. The major reason behind this is the pleasant weather with an enjoyable temperature in most parts of the country. This time period is perfect for your visit to Delhi. Agra and Rajasthan.
The most appropriate time to visit the Golden Triangle is October and November or February and April due to the pleasant temperature throughout the day, dipping slightly at night. December and January are similarly perfect for daytime travel, but during nighttime, the temperature can be chilly and cold. Remember that due to the peak tourist time of the year, you have to navigate through the thick crowd. Keep the delays in trains or buses in mind due to fog in December and January.
Points to Remember While Traveling the Golden Triangle Tour to India
- The best time to visit the Golden Triangle of India is during winters that set in October and end in March/April.
- Be careful while moving with the crowd, as they could be pocket-pickers who request money and are trying to market your ornaments.
- Carry Indian Currency in Cash, as some places would not accept digital money.
- Select the right and suitable transport for you, avoid using local buses or road transport and try to book your cabs or cars. The option of luxury trains is also available.
- For visiting the Taj Mahal, the best time is during Sunset to capture the colourful reflections of the Taj.
- Not to forget to visit additional destinations around the Golden Triangle- Ranthambore National Park in Sawai Madhopur and the Fatehpur Sikri en route to Jaipur from Agra.
- Do carry a medical kit with you in case of any emergency.
- If you travel to India during summer, get some skin-friendly cotton clothes to resist the scorching heat.
- As such, there are no particular days to explore the Golden Triangle. Still, on a minimum basis, a 3-4 day trip to the Golden Triangle would be enough to explore the major destinations of the circuits.
There’s no collection of flowery adjectives or phrases to explain the natural beauty of the trios. What can be imagined by words is best described with vision and experience. Now, it is time to book your Golden Triangle Tour Packages from LIH, the Best India Travel agency for Golden Triangle Tours, starting from ₹28,000 and exploring the country like the Royals.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Golden Triangle of India
Q.1 Where is the Golden Triangle in India?
The three major cities of northern India Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra form a triangle of tourism which is referred to as the Golden Triangle of India. This is the most popular tourist circuit in India. Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra are three cities that take you into the fascinating, decadent, and ancient world of the Mughals and Maharajas.
Q.2 How long is Golden Triangle India?
The Golden Triangle circuit is about 720 km by road, and each of its legs takes 4 to 6 hours to cover, though you can also take the Shatabdi Express for the entire tour. Most tourists spend three to five days on the entire Golden Triangle, but you should spend a week for a satisfactory excursion of this route.
Q.3 When can we visit Golden Triangle in India?
October to March, with 22-32°C temps, is the best time to visit India’s Golden Triangle.
Q.4 What is the Golden Triangle Tour itinerary?
India’s golden triangle 7 days tour itinerary
- Days 1-2: New Delhi
- Days 3: Agra
- Day 4-5: Jaipur
- Day 6-7: Old Delhi and heritage
Q.5 How much does the Golden Triangle tour cost?
The golden triangle tour costs about 27000 to 30000 INR, which includes mid-range hotel and transportation along with food and tourist places visiting tickets.
Q.6 Which month is best for Golden Triangle India?
The best time to visit Golden Triangle India is between the month of October and November or February and April, when temperatures are comfortable throughout the day, dipping slightly at night when a light jumper should suffice if you’re outdoors.
Q.7 Why is the Golden Triangle important?
It not only attracts a large number of tourists from all over the world but also offers an insight into India’s incredible art, history, culture, heritage, cuisine, traditions, etc.
Q.8 Why is India Gate a tourist attraction?
It commemorates the 70,000 Indian soldiers who lost their lives fighting for the British Army during World War I.
Q.9 Is India’s Golden Triangle worth visiting?
Yes, India’s Golden Triangle offers iconic sites, rich history, and diverse culture, making it a highly recommended visit.
Q.10 Which month is best to visit Golden Triangle India?
October to March offers pleasant weather for visiting India’s Golden Triangle, avoiding extreme heat and monsoon rains.
Q.11 How to reach each city of Golden Triangle India?
Reach Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur by air, rail, and road. Travel to Agra from Delhi by train, road, or flight. Jaipur is accessible by air, train, or road. Domestic flights, trains, and highways connect these cities conveniently.
Q.12 How many days are enough for Golden Triangle?
5-7 days are ideal for exploring India’s Golden Triangle, allowing ample time to experience major attractions and cultural highlights.